Counsels individuals requiring treatment for chemical dependency, by performing the following duties.
- Provides group therapy for clients
- Formulates individualized treatment plans with clients
- Performs psycho-social interviews and writes assessments
- Interacts with family members to assist them in providing support for clients
- Monitors condition of clients to evaluate success of therapy, and adapts treatment as needed
- Maintains complete client records, including assessments, referrals, and therapy notes
- Interacts with funding sources regarding treatment authorization
- Interacts with the criminal justice system regarding treatment progress, as needed
- Participates in team process and formal meetings
- Give tours or presentations to the public
Strong candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Has a desire to learn and be challenged
- Has the ability to identify and work with the strengths of clients and co-workers
- Detail-oriented and able to stick with and complete tedious tasks, like paperwork.
- Passionate about helping people recover
- Works and communicates effectively and efficiently under stressful conditions, as well as when things are calm
- Can handle complexity and paradox
- Shows initiative in seeking solutions to problems.
- Accepts unexpected tasks as they arise
- Listens to clients more than talks to clients.
- Follows through on commitments
- Demonstrates self-awareness and is open to feedback from others
Dawn Farm offers an informal, non-bureaucratic, creative and mission focused work environment. Candidates must like to have fun at work, be passionate about helping people recover, and be consistently nice to co-workers, clients, visitors and all others.
This position is full-time, 9 to 5 with an evening or weekend morning, with benefits.
Masters degree with license preferred. BSW or CAC-R with experience may be considered.
Applying for a position
If you are interested in a position, please send a resume and cover letter to jboster(at)dawnfarm.org.
We will contact you if your application is selected for an interview.
All resumes, interviewed or not, are kept on file for a year. We will contact you if another position becomes available that fits your experience and credentials.