We are grateful that you have thought of Dawn Farm’s young people in considering your charitable giving. Your support of the young people of Dawn Farm goes a long way and we want you to know that your gifts are prudently used. We thought you might like to know some more about how Dawn Farm approaches fund-raising.
First, you aren’t funding a big development department. Everyone pitches in”“staff, volunteers and residents. When you get a mailing, it was written and designed in-house, stuffed and stamped in our living room, and taken to the post office in the Farm van.
Second, we are really grateful for your gift, so expect a thank you! A significant percentage of Dawn Farm’s total budget is donations, so thanking you is important to us! You are why we are still here!
Third, we absolutely respect your privacy. As a result, here are some things you can count on:
- We will never, ever sell or give our donor list to another organization.
- We will never, ever call you on the telephone to ask for support. We will only phone you to say “Thanks”.
- We will not publish the names of individual donors, except in newsletter stories that are intended to honor them.
- We will only request your help a couple of times a year. Though we need your support throughout the year, you will only receive limited solicitations from Dawn Farm.
- We will subscribe to the highest ethics while raising funds for the Farm, seeking always to support our basic mission through your gifts.
As you support Dawn Farm’s young people, we in turn want to be accountable to you. The Dawn Farm organization is subjected to an annual certified audit, which is reviewed by our volunteer Board of Trustees. In addition to meticulous reporting of revenues, we detail the cost of raising funds. 99% of funds raised by our holiday mailings go directly to day-to-day operations.
The IRS requires the donor to assign values. Some acceptable methods are receipts, estimated resale value replacement cost or qualified appraisal. Regardless of the method used, consideration should be given to the age, condition, quality, style and use of the donated articles.
Dawn Farm offers valuation guide to help you assign a value to your gift.
Dawn Farm is a tax exempt, not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. In addition, the organization is licensed by the Michigan State Attorney General’s Office to Solicit Charitable Contributions (MICS 6597) and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Copies of recent certified audits and/or the IRS Form 990 are readily available to any interested party, and we welcome inquiries from our donor